This Patcher has been discontinued with the upcoming Patcher providing support for future versions of macOS. While the app can still be used for macOS 10.8 - 10.11, no further updates or support will be available.
An update to the MacPostFactor was released on July 8, 2016.
An MCPF update is recommended to assist you in installing OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion on your old Mac. Also, by updating the system software of your Mac, you can enjoy various additional features and enhanced security. Always use to the latest version.
Never download this from any other provider. All links must link to this page or directly from Kelian's server. This is to ensure that nothing was tampered with and that you have the most reliable and tested software.
Want the predecessor, MLPostFactor?
Download the older Versions
This version is a minor "bug-fix" update to MacPostFactor v2.0.
- Fixes adfly URL issues- Improves some error messages (makes them more explicit)
- Fixes some minor UI issues/glitches
- Fixes log files not appearing!
- Add some verbosity to the install process (for logs)
This version is huge! It features many improvements everywhere! Anyway, in this version, you'll find:
- General added features and fixes:
- OS X El Capitan support- Ability to use a smaller Recovery (≈ 600MB instead of 5GB)with no compromises on available features
- Bluetooth Audio FIX on 32bit ML Hack- Better MacPostFactor UI and UX
- New Preferences Window- New Customise button- Search again for Install OS X _ _ _.app by a click of a button
- Nicer interface- Nicer switching animations- Better MacPostFactor App
- Better code organization
- Snow Leopard Compatibility (BETA)
- Contributors now working! Donate to figure on the list!
- Ability to change the USB name when erasing it
- New feature: "One click install"
- Really fixes Paypal donation link
- Fixes USB space check (total space instead of left space)
- Fixes ton of other minor bugs
- Reduces the energy footprint when creating USB Installers
- Better OSXHackers Preview boot logo
- Better logs in case of error
- OS X Mav+ kernels are now stored online (reduces MacPostFactor's size and allows MLforAll to add a new kernel without updating the MacPostFactor app itself)
- Improved the Hacking Process
- No more Error Code 3- Use of kernelcache whenever possible
- Fixes USB installers not booting
- Improved MacPostFactor "side-apps" (recovery apps)
- Better MacPostFactor Services Init- Better OS X Manager with SIP management support
- MUCH BETTER "MacPostFactor OS X Installer” (active progress bar.. support for ML and Mav...)
- "About MCPF.app" and "Dock Glass Effect Manager.app" replaced by "MacPostFactor Utilities.app" that also adds new tweaks!
ANY HARM OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS GUIDE HAPPENED UNDER YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY! IF YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS ABOUT DOING THIS TO YOUR MAC, YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T DO IT. IF YOU ARE QUESTIONING WHETHER IT IS WORTH IT, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT TRY THIS.
PLEASE READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. WE HAVE TOO MANY EMAILS AND SKYPE MESSAGES TO ANSWER AND CAN'T FULLY GUIDE YOU THROUGH THIS 'ONE STEP' AT A TIME. IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE YOUR WAY AROUND MACOS/OS X, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS.
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR MAC BEFORE PROCEDING WITH THESE PATCHES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS.